Tarkett Carpet Maintenance and Care
Cleaning, Care & Maintenance
A comprehensive carpet maintenance program should always be followed which will also improve
texture retention, appearance, wear life and reduce soiling of carpet.
• A thorough vacuuming program is essential to the maintenance of carpet and the most effective way to keep your carpet clean. Frequent vacuuming is also the most effective way to dispose of dry soil particles, sand, etc. that can damage carpet fibers. Vacuum high traffic areas daily while twice a week for medium to high traffic areas. And then the entire house at least once a week.
• It is recommended that a minimum of one (1) professional cleaning be done every 18 months using cleaning products, equipment, systems and services specified/certified with the Carpet and Rug Institute Seal of Approval. (Visit www.carpet-rug.org for a complete list of certified products.)
Spot Cleaning Information
• Cleaning equipment such as wet/dry vacuum or portable extraction unit that is used for general carpet maintenance-or is designed specifically for spot cleaning-often is the most effective and efficient way of removing spills.
• NOTE: Wicking, which is the recurrence of stains after spot cleaning, is not uncommon for a concentrated spill. If wicking occurs after a carpet has been cleaned, simply re clean the area using the previously used procedure(s).
• Gently remove as much of the substance as possible using a small, soft hand brush or spatula to break up any crusted material. Vacuum thoroughly to remove loosened particles.
• Blot with absorbent white cloth or paper towel, or use spatula to remove excess, then blot. For larger spills, a portable extraction unit or wet/dry vacuum is most effective for removing spilled liquids.
Suggested Cleaning Agents Detergent Solution
• Commercially available general carpet cleaning or spot-removal detergent.
• Mix 1 tablespoon non-bleaching household ammonia with one cup of warm water. (Note: Do not mix ammonia with chlorine bleach. Follow manufacturer’s warnings on mixing ammonia with other chemicals.)
• White vinegar
• Rubbing or Denatured. Use as is. Dry Cleaning Fluid
• Any non-flammable brand, used according to manufacturer’s directions.