Mohawk Hardwood Maintenance and Care
- Dust mop, sweep and/or vacuum the floor regularly to remove any particles that could scratch the floor.
- WARNING: Vacuums with beater bar or power rotary brush head should never be used on wood flooring.
- Use a microfiber mop for dust mopping. Pay close attention to mop head. Once soiled, replace with a fresh one. Launder soiled mop heads without fabric softener. Fabric softener residue may cause streaking on the floors.
- Never damp mop wood flooring unless covered by Wet Resistance Warranty or greater wet warranty.* If flooring product allows, occasionally damp mop with water only.
- Never wet mop wood flooring unless covered by Waterproof or WetProtect® Warranty.* If flooring product allows, occasionally wet mop with water only, using a well wrung-out mop.
- If needed, use 1 cup of vinegar per gallon of water or 1/3 cup non-sudsing ammonia per gallon of water.
- Never steam mop wood flooring unless covered by Steam Mop Warranty.*
- Flood mopping is never recommended since mop water may damage flooring and leave spots.
- Do not pour liquid directly on the floor or use an excessively wet mop.
- Do not allow liquid to puddle or leave moisture standing on the floor.
- Allow floor to dry completely before replacing interior mats.
*Refer to the Mohawk Limited Wood Warranty Brochure for more information
Remove spills promptly. Do not allow topical moisture to remain on the floor.
Immediately use an absorbent cloth to remove as much of the liquid as possible.
Mist a clean microfiber cloth with a Mohawk recommended cleaner, if needed, and rub the area, working from the outside of the area toward the center.
Take care to wipe the surface thoroughly.
Do not allow liquids to stand or remain on the surface of the flooring to reduce spotting.
Products and Tools to Avoid:
Do not use oil soaps, wax, detergents, abrasive cleaners, polishes, or other household products to clean the floor.
Vacuums with beater bar or power rotary brush head should never be used on wood flooring.
Never use power scrubbers to clean the floor.