Mannington Laminate Flooring Warranty Information
Laminate Floors Warranties
Please visit Mannington Laminate Flooring to see full collection
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR RESIDENTIAL USE
Mannington warrants that your Mannington Laminate Flooring panels (“panels”) will be free from manufacturing defects and, for the applicable warranty period*, under normal household conditions**, will not fade under artificial light or sunlight, stain or show wear through the image layer and will resist water damage.***
The Restoration Collection® also includes a SpillShield®Plus Waterproof Technology warranty. See next page for further information.
* The applicable warranty period is 25 years for Restoration Collection® in each case measured from the date of purchase.
** Normal household conditions means those daily activities commonly associated with residential use.
*** Any type of spill or liquids should be removed promptly. **** The SpillShield®Plus waterproof warranty allows for the use of residential steam based mops for regular cleaning and sanitizing
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR LIGHT COMMERCIAL USE*
Mannington warrants that your Mannington Laminate Flooring panels (“panels”) will be free from manufacturing defects and, for a period of 5 years following the date of purchase, under light commercial use, will not fade under artificial light or sunlight, stain or show wear through the image layer.
* Light commercial is defined as environments which do not have heavy commercial traffic, where the flooring is not exposed to a heavy commercial maintenance schedule and where the interior temperature and humidity can be controlled and maintained. If there is any question as to whether the site is determined to be light commercial contact Mannington Customer Care Department. If there is any question as to whether the site is determined to be light commercial contact Mannington Installation Services or the local Mannington Distributor.
LIMITED PRE-INSTALLATION REPLACEMENT WARRANTY
Prior to installation, Mannington will replace (up to a maximum of 6 months after date of purchase) any Mannington Laminate flooring plank which does not meet with your satisfaction. Simply return the plank to your Mannington retailer and you will be given a replacement.
REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU
If a panel fails to perform as stated in the applicable Limited Warranty, Mannington will, at its option, (i) repair the panel without charge to conform to the warranty; or (ii) replace the panel without charge with a panel from the same collection, if it is still available, or a panel of equal value and/or quality. If your floor was installed by a professional flooring contractor hired by you, Mannington will also pay for the professional labor cost to install your replacement floor. If Mannington repairs or replaces a panel as a result of a warranty claim, you will be required to clear at your expense any items placed over the affected area subsequent to the original installation.
Warranty coverage for a replacement panel will be limited to the remaining time of the original warranty.
THESE ARE YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH ABOVE. UNDER THE TERMS OF THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES, MANNINGTON WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, NO MATTER WHAT THE CAUSE.
THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXTENDING BEYOND THE TERMS OF THESE LIMITED WARRANTIES.
Note: Some States or Provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, THERE ARE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES MADE BY MANNINGTON COVERING THIS PRODUCT.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from State to State in the U.S. or Province to Province in Canada.
SpillShield®Plus Waterproof Technology Warranty Restoration Collection®
This warranty applies solely to the Mannington Restoration Collection® with SpillShield®Plus Waterproof Technology.
Any product within the Restoration Collection® will not be damaged by topical, localized surface spills provided they are removed within a reasonable period of time.
The following terms and conditions apply to this extended warranty:
1. All existing Mannington Laminate warranty conditions apply. For further details, please visit http://www.mannington.com/ Residential/Laminate/Warranty.
2. The warranty applies only to the first owner and first installation of the products and may not be transferred. This warranty applies only to first quality product purchases made after the edition date of these warranty conditions for the designated time period when the product is installed indoors. The laminate may not be installed in areas of extremely high temperatures or humidity such as saunas and swimming pool areas. The product may be installed in full bathrooms provided a silicone edge sealant is applied along all vertical walls and surfaces such as tubs and showers.
3. When installing in wet areas such as a bathroom, laundry room, and/or around sinks and appliances such as dishwashers and refrigerators, any planks that are cut on the ends or sides must have the SpillShield® Applicator solution and/or a high-quality silicone edge sealant applied.
4. This warranty applies only to defects inherent to the material supplies. It includes the delamination of the wear layer, but does not include wear along the edges of the planks less than 3/16” from the edge. Mannington will repair or replace the product, at its option. When replacement of the flooring is made, only new flooring from the current product range at the time the complaint is upheld will be supplied by the retailer or contractor. Responsibility under this warranty only applies to hidden defects. Flooring planks installed with obvious visual defects are not covered under this warranty.
5. This warranty does not apply to laminate flooring that has been put to abnormal use or abused in any way. These conditions may include, but are not limited to:
a. Water damage from storms, floods, or excessive plumbing leaks
b. Damage caused by negligence
c. Damage caused by improper alterations of the product
d. Damage caused by water or moisture trapped beneath the floor including, but not limited to, hydrostatic pressure or other conditions that result in water or moisture originating below the floor.
6. This warranty covers only the flooring panels and professional replacement. Mannington will not be responsible for any loss of time, inconvenience, expenses, or other damages caused by or resulting from a problem about which a claim is made.
LIMITED WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS
• The Limited Warranties set forth herein apply only to flooring purchased after January 1, 2021. We do reserve the right to request a hard copy of the proof of purchase (store receipt), if needed.
• The Limited Warranties do not apply to “seconds” or “mill trial” grade products.
• The Limited Warranties apply only to the original purchaser and the original installation site, and are not transferable.
• The Limited Warranties do not cover conditions or defects caused by improper installation, the use of improper adhesives, inadequate sub-flooring or improper sub-floor preparation.
• The Limited Warranties apply only to products installed indoors.
The Limited Warranty that Mannington’s Laminate Flooring panels will resist topical moisture damage is subject to the following:
– The Limited Warranty covers only topical moisture resulting from normal household use, such as wet shoes, liquid spills, or dripping while exiting the bath tub or shower, provided such topical moisture is promptly removed.
– The Limited Warranty excludes damaged caused by flooding or continuous running water or other liquids.
– The Limited Warranty does not apply to panels installed in wet areas unless they are installed in accordance with Mannington’s recommended installation guidelines for wet areas as set forth in the Mannington Professional Installation Guide, a copy of which may be obtained by calling 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787).
• The Limited Warranties do not cover construction-related damage.
• The Limited Warranty does not cover damage due to fluids of any source or type that are not removed within a reasonable period of time.
• The Limited Warranties do not cover panels that have been installed with obvious visual defects.
• The Limited Warranties do not cover conditions caused by improper use or maintenance, such as:
– loss of gloss or build-up of dulling film due to lack of maintenance or improper maintenance.
– damage resulting from failure to follow floor-care instructions.
– scuffs, scratches, cuts, chipping, indenting or similar damage caused by gliders, castor wheels, vacuum cleaner beater bars, toys, or other objects.
– damage caused by chemicals, burns, fires and other accidents. – damage caused by abuse (i.e. dragging heavy or sharp objects across the floor without proper protection).
– failure to support furniture with floor protectors made of non-staining felt or non-pigmented hard plastic. Protectors must be at least one inch in diameter and rest flat on the floor.
- The Limited Warranties do not cover variations of color, shade or texture of the panels you purchase from those shown on samples or photographs.
- • The Limited Warranties for light commercial use do not cover panels that have been stored or installed in areas that are persistently wet (e.g. saunas or pool areas).
- • Laminate flooring is intended to be free-floated, and therefore should not be bound at anytime. If a heavy object is placed on the flooring, and a buckle area is formed, then Mannington recommends the object is moved to a different location.
MANNINGTON FLOOR CARE INSTRUCTIONS
A Mannington Laminate Floor is the closest thing there is to a “maintenance-free” floor. The melamine-impregnated surface with aluminum oxide makes it resistant to dirt and dust.
IMPORTANT – The laminate surface may have residual wax from the manufacturing process or from the package. The first and only cleaning should be done with a cloth or mop (micro-fiber or terry cloth hooded) slightly dampened with original Windex® (blue), rubbing alcohol, or Simple Green®. This will remove the wax. Once the wax is removed, the recommended maintenance should be ordinary vacuuming or sweeping, and cleaning with Mannington Ultra Clean.
Ordinarily vacuuming or sweeping is usually sufficient to keep the floor clean. If needed, occasionally clean with a cloth or mop (micro-fiber or terry cloth hooded) slightly dampened with Mannington’s Ultra Clean System.
Mannington approves the use of residential steam based cleaners that are designed for use on hard surface floors.
– Never flood the floor with water.
– Do not use soap-based detergents, as these may leave a dull finish on your floor.
– Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool or scouring powder, as these may scratch your floor.
– Never wax, polish, sand or lacquer a Mannington Laminate Floor.
– Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit and other substances such as oil, asphalt and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
–For furnishings, use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as clear, hard plastic or non-staining felt protectors for heavy furnishings.
– Promptly remove all liquid spills.
The overall stain resistance of our Mannington Laminate Floors is excellent and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean, white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort, as outlined in the chart below.