Mohawk Laminate Maintenance and Care
- Dust mop, sweep and/or vacuum the floor regularly to remove any particles that could scratch the floor.
- WARNING: Vacuums with beater bar or power rotary brush head should never be used on wood flooring.
- Only use vacuum tools designed for hard surfaces.
- Use a microfiber mop for dust mopping. Pay close attention to mop head. Once soiled, replace with a fresh one. Launder soiled mop heads without fabric softener. Fabric softener residue may cause streaking on the floors.
- Never damp mop wood flooring unless covered by Wet Resistance Warranty or greater wet warranty.* If flooring product allows, occasionally damp mop with water only.
- Never wet mop wood flooring unless covered by Waterproof or WetProtect® Warranty.* If flooring product allows, occasionally wet mop with water only, using a well wrung-out mop.
- If needed, use 1 cup of vinegar per gallon of water or 1/3 cup non-sudsing ammonia per gallon of water.
- Never steam mop wood flooring unless covered by Steam Mop Warranty.*
- Flood mopping is never recommended since mop water may damage flooring and leave spots.
- Do not pour liquid directly on the floor or use an excessively wet mop.
- Do not allow liquid to puddle or leave moisture standing on the floor.
- Allow floor to dry completely before replacing interior mats.
Products and Tools to Avoid:
- Do not use oil soaps, wax, detergents, abrasive cleaners, polishes, or other household products to clean the floor.
- Vacuums with beater bar or power rotary brush head should never be used on wood flooring.
- Never use power scrubbers to clean the floor.