Armstrong Luxury Vinyl Warranty Information
Please visit Armstrong Luxury Vinyl to see full collection
RESIDENTIAL RESILIENT FLOORING LIMITED WARRANTY
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY APPLIES TO AHF RESIDENTIAL SHEET VINYL FLOORS PURCHASED AFTER JULY 1ST, 2022.
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE PURCHASE OF YOUR NEW FLOOR!
AHF Products is a leader in the flooring industry with a family of strong brands serving the residential and commercial markets. With decades of experience in award-winning design, innovation, product development, manufacturing and service, we strive to improve the quality of people’s lives through great products and a deep commitment to outstanding customer service. Our mission is to create beauty that lasts for generations, and we want your flooring to be a part of that mission.
Throughout this document, references to “we”, “us”, “our”, “AHF” or “AHF Products” mean AHF, LLC dba AHF Products. References to “you” or “your” mean the original retail purchaser/end user of the resilient sheet flooring. Resilient sheet flooring product will be referenced as the “floor”, “flooring”, “product”, “products” or some combination thereof. The term “Limited Warranty” is singular but encompasses any and all coverages provided for herein.
This Limited Warranty extends only to the original end-user. Our warranties are NOT TRANSFERABLE.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
For residential installations, AHF warrants its regular (first quality) floor products, so long as the product is installed according to the installation instructions and the approved application listing, to be free from manufacturing defects as of the date of purchase and for the time period set forth below in the “Residential Sheet Vinyl Flooring Limited Warranty Periods” section of this document. Please see the “Residential Sheet Vinyl Flooring Limited Warranty Periods” section to review the Limited Warranty Period for your specific brand/product.
The flooring product:
• Will not contain manufacturing defects.
• Will not stain from common household stains or from the use of cleaning products designed for vinyl flooring.
• Will not permanently stain from subfloor or underlayment panels as well as mold or mildew growth when installed over concrete*.
• Will not wear-through**.
• Will not rip, tear, or gouge from normal household use. Movement of large appliances/furniture require special care such as protection between sheet vinyl and appliance/furniture***.
• Permanently scuff from shoes.
• The edges of the flooring will not curl.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
• Loose lay installations exceeding 225 square feet.
• Discoloration or staining caused by the use of rubber-back or latex mat or rug protectors.
• Damage caused by fire, flooding, exposure to standing water and/or intentional abuse.
• Fading, discoloration, and/or damage resulting from excessive temperatures or sunlight. Radiant heat systems should not exceed 85 degrees on the surface of the floor.
• Damage caused by moisture to surrounding structure, walls, subfloor, fixtures, furniture, underlayment, moldings, trims, subfloor heating elements, or anything that is not the structural integrity or dimensional stability of the floor.
• Damage resulting from mold and mildew growth due to prolonged exposure to moisture (except as indicated in the “What will AHF Products Do if Any of the Above Happens?” section herein). While moisture will not affect the structure of the sheet vinyl, when excessive moisture accumulates (and in particular remains undiscovered or unaddressed) mold and/or mildew growth can occur.
• Flooring that is installed outdoors.
• Damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar, rolling caster wheels, and cutting from sharp objects. Rubber wheels should not be allowed to contact the vinyl as staining may occur. When vacuuming, use the wand attachment.
• Indentation or damage from improper loads including high heels; spiked shoes; rolling loads; and/or chairs or other furniture not having floor protectors.
• Damage caused by abuse such as moving appliances across the floor without adequate protection. To protect your floor from scuffing and tears when moving appliances or heavy furniture, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across it.
• Damage or staining resulting from the use of harsh chemicals including but not limited to stains and damage from paints, dyes, and other chemicals.
• Improper maintenance causing loss of gloss, scratching, and/or build-up of a dulling film.
• Minor color, shade or texture variations between samples or printed color photography and the actual material.
• Floors that are graded “irregular” or sold “as is” without warranty.
• Floors installed with visible defects or defects seen before the installation.
• Installation of residential products in a commercial environment.
• Workmanship, as described below.
AHF does not warrant your or the installers’ workmanship. However, it is highly recommended that your flooring be professionally installed by contractors who have demonstrated expertise in installing this type of flooring for residential use. Workmanship errors should be addressed to the contractor who installed the floor.
WHAT IS EXCLUDED FROM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY?
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE EXCLUDE AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR OR PAY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY; PROPERTY DAMAGE; DAMAGE TO OTHER PROPERTY; ANY DAMAGE OTHER THAN TO THE FLOORING ITSELF THAT MAY RESULT FROM A DEFECT IN THE FLOORING; DIMINUTION IN PROPERTY VALUE; COSTS OF RENT OR MOVEMENT OF FURNITURE; THE REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF MOLDINGS, CABINETS AND/OR FIXTURES; RETAIL MARKUPS; INSTALLATION OR LABOR PROVIDED BY OTHERS; OR SUPPLEMENTAL COSTS AND OTHER ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RELOCATION DURING THE REPAIR PROCESS SUCH AS HOTEL, MEALS, OR MOVING AND STORAGE OF FURNITURE, EVEN IF THE MANUFACTURER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY CONSTITUTES THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTIES FOR THE PRODUCT PURCHASED.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND FOR ALL NON- CONSUMER PRODUCT(S), ALL WARRANTIES OTHER THAN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED. IF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY ARISES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES (INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY AND TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW EXCLUSION OR LIMITATIONS OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. Unless otherwise precluded by law, this Limited Warranty shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to any of its conflicts of laws provisions.
None of our retailers, distributors, installers, or employees has the authority to alter the obligations, limitations, disclaimers, or exclusions under this or any of our warranties.
WHAT WILL WE DO IF A COVERED WARRANTY EVENT OCCURS?
If a covered event should occur within the specified Limited Warranty Period for the applicable flooring product, AHF Products will furnish comparable AHF flooring of similar color, pattern, and quality, for either the repair of the defective area or the replacement of the floor, at AHF’s option. And, if your floor was professionally installed, AHF Products will also pay reasonable labor costs for the direct repairs or replacement.
Within One Year:
If a defect covered by this Limited Warranty is reported to AHF in writing within one year of purchase, AHF will supply new material of the same or similar grade sufficient to repair or replace the defective material. AHF will also pay reasonable labor costs.
Within Two Years:
If a defect covered by this Limited Warranty is reported to AHF Products in writing after one year but within two years of purchase, AHF Products will supply new material of the same or similar grade sufficient to repair or replace the defective material. AHF Products will also pay fifty percent (50%) of the reasonable labor costs.
After Two Years:
If a defect covered by this Limited Warranty is reported to AHF in writing after two years but within the specified Limited Warranty Period for the applicable flooring product, AHF will supply new material of the same or similar grade sufficient to repair or replace the defective material. AHF Products will not pay labor costs. AHF Products will not pay labor costs to repair or replace material with defects that were apparent before or at the time of installation.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM?
We want you to be happy with your AHF floor. If you’re not, call your retail store. The retailer can answer your questions and, if necessary, start to process a claim. If you have further questions, please call us at 1-866-243-2726.
We work with distributors all over the country to make our products widely available. We sell our products to distributors and distributors sell our products to local retailers and contractors.
Steps to Filing a Claim:
1. Return to your retailer with your original proof of purchase.
a) If your floor was installed as part of a new home build, you may use your style selection sheet or your closing documents as your proof of purchase. If your retailer information is not included in these documents, contact your builder.
b) If your retailer is out of business, please call 1-866-243-7276 so we may assist you in finding a new retailer.
2. The claim will be evaluated.
a) Distribution Retailers: Your retailer will need to contact its distributor representative to get the claim filed. The retailer or distributor representative may inspect your flooring or request pictures or uninstalled samples showing the issue.
b) Lowes, Home Depot, or Direct: Your retailer will need to call us directly to file the claim. At that time, your sales associate may request pictures or uninstalled samples. An inspection of the flooring in your home/facility may be required.
3. A claim determination is made.
a) Distribution Retailers: We will send the evaluation of the claim to your retailer’s distributor, who will then share the results with your retailer. Your retailer should call you within 48 hours of receiving the determination to inform you of the decision.
(i) If your claim is approved, please work with your retailer to order new material and schedule the reinstallation, if applicable.
(ii) If your claim is not approved, you will receive a letter explaining why. You will also receive an inspection report if your home was inspected by a Technical Services Manager or a third-party inspector.
b) Lowes, Home Depot, or Direct: The claim determination and any relevant inspection reports will be sent directly to your store. They should contact you within 48 hours to inform you of the decision.
Appealing your Claim Determination:
If you do not agree with your claim determination, please contact our Customer Advocates by calling 1-866-243-2726 and selecting the option for “Warranty”, or by emailing your concerns to email@example.com. We will go over any evaluation methods we have used in regards to your claim and determine if there is any additional evaluation needed.
PLEASE KEEP YOUR RECEIPT OR OBTAIN IT FROM THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER.
AHF Products requires the receipt in order to verify date and proof of purchase to resolve any problems that may occur.