Mannington Laminate Maintenance and Care
Laminate Care and Maintenance
A Mannington Laminate Floor is the closest thing there is to a "maintenance-free" floor. The melamine-impregnated surface with aluminum oxide makes it resistant to dirt and dust. Ordinarily vacuuming or sweeping is usually sufficient to keep the floor clean. If needed, occasionally clean with a cloth or mop (micro-fiber or terrycloth hooded) slightly moistened with a solution of clear, non-sudsy ammonia-based cleaner in one gallon of warm water. Mannington now approves the use of residential steam-based cleaners for the Restoration Collection®.
- Never flood the floor with water.
- Do not use soap-based detergents, as these may leave a dull finish on your floor.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or scouring powder, as these may scratch your floor.
- Never wax, polish, sand, or lacquer a Mannington Laminate Floor.
- Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil, asphalt, and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor.
- For furnishings, use wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors, such as clear, hard plastic or non-staining felt protectors for heavy furnishings.
- Promptly remove all liquid spills, including pet urine.
- Mannington now approves the use of residential steam-based cleaners for the Restoration Collection®.
- For items not covered by the following chart, call Mannington Consumer Services at 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787).
The overall stain resistance of Mannington Laminate floors is excellent and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean, white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort, as outlined below: