Masland Carpet Maintenance and Care
Cleaning and Maintenance
To keep your carpet looking its best, it's important to regularly vacuum it to remove dirt and debris. If a spill occurs, be sure to blot the area with a clean, damp cloth as soon as possible to prevent the liquid from soaking into the carpet fibers. Avoid using harsh chemicals or cleaning solutions on your carpet, as these can damage the fibers and cause the carpet to fade or discolor. Instead, opt for a mild detergent or carpet stain remover specifically designed for use on carpets. For tougher stains, you may need to hire a professional carpet cleaning service to deep clean your carpet.
Maintaining your carpet purchase will repay you by keeping its beauty for many years.
• Vacuum regularly. Frequent vacuuming is a carpet’s
best friend. In most cases, a suction only canister vacuum
is best to prevent excess pilling and fuzzing. However, if
this type is not available, set vacuum so that the brush is
just above the surface of the carpet.
• Remove spills immediately.
• Professionally clean annually. Do not apply stain repellent
treatments that contain silicone as they tend to
accelerate carpet soiling.
• Keep doormats clean. Exercise preventative maintenance
by placing absorbent mats at the most frequently used
entrances to your home. Change or launder when these
mats become soiled.
• The vacuum cleaner dust bag should be emptied when
• Filters in your heating and air conditioning systems
should be changed regularly.
STEPS FOR SPOT REMOVAL:
One of the most crucial areas of carpet maintenance is the
removal of spots and spills. Therefore, acting quickly when
anything is spilled or dropped and always having the
necessary cleaning materials at hand are essential.
• Scoop up solids. Immediately blot (don’t rub) spills with
paper towels or with a clean absorbent cloth.
• All cleaning agents and solvents should be Ph
neutral; pre-test should be done in an
• Work inwards from the edge of the spot to prevent excess
• Wait a few minutes for the cleaning agent to work on the
spot. Follow recommended directions.
Once the cleaning agent has removed the spot, blot
excessive moisture by applying pressure with paper towels
or a dry absorbent cloth.
• Rinse with clear water on a clean cloth.
• Remove excess moisture by applying pressure with paper
• Apply the cleaning agent listed on the spot removal chart
(right) to an absorbent towel and blot up the spill with a
blotting motion. Flip the cloth to prevent reapplying soil.
Do not over saturate with water.
RECOMMENDED PROFESSIONAL CLEANING
• Truck-Mounted steam extraction is acceptable for wallto-wall installations. We do not recommend steam
cleaning for loose lay rugs.
• We do not recommend any portable units, nor any Rug
Doctor systems or Bonnet systems.