Mohawk LVP Maintenance and Care
- Sweep the floor regularly with a soft bristle broom to remove loose dirt.
- For a deeper clean, a mop moistened with warm water and a non-abrasive, neutral PH floor cleaner will suffice.
- Spills should be cleaned up immediately.
- Prevent indentations and scratches by using non-staining floor protectors on the legs of chairs, appliances and all heavy furniture. Floor protectors should be at least one inch in diameter.
- Do not flood floor or subject to standing water.
- Protect your floor from tracked-in dirt by using mats at all outside entrances. Mats should have a non-rubberized backing and be marked as non-staining.
- Avoid tracking-in tar or asphalt from driveways.
- Avoid high heel shoes on your floor as they can cause permanent indentations.
- Protect your floors against burns. Burns from cigarettes, matches or other extremely hot items can cause permanent damage.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for prolonged periods, as this can cause discoloration.
- Remove spills promptly. Do not allow topical moisture to remain on the floor.
- Immediately use an absorbent cloth to remove as much of the liquid as possible.
- Mist a clean microfiber cloth with a Mohawk recommended cleaner, if needed, and rub the area, working from the outside of the area toward the center.
- Take care to wipe the surface thoroughly.
- Do not allow liquids to stand or remain on the surface of the flooring to reduce spotting.
Products and Tools to Avoid
- Do not use oil soaps, wax, detergents, abrasive cleaners, polishes, or other household products to clean the floor.
- Vacuums with beater bar or power rotary brush head should never be used on vinyl flooring.
- Never use power scrubbers to clean the floor.