Lauzon Hardwood Maintenance and Care
Cleaning and Maintenance
Expert Floors by Lauzon are long-lasting, easy to clean and maintain. Follow these simple guidelines to keep your floor beautiful for years to come.
- Regularly sweep or vacuum the floor and immediately wipe away any spills.
- Clean your floor with a floor cleaner specifically made for wood floors (e.g., BONA hardwood cleaner) and follow manufacturer’s instructions (never pour a cleaning product directly on your floor).
- Place area rugs in outdoor entryways to increase protection against abrasion and humidity.
- Clean area rugs to eliminate hard particles that could eventually diminish the sheen or scratch the floor surface.
- Never leave water or any other liquid accumulating on the floor. (may penetrate between the planks, darken the wood, or even damage the finish)
- Never pour liquid cleaner directly on the floor.
- Never use a steam cleaner.
- Never use a soaking wet mop or cloth.
- Placing area rugs in entryways helps increase protection against abrasion and humidity
- Never use wax or an oil-based cleaner as they might damage the finish of the floor and leave the surface slippery, sticky, or hard to clean.