Industparquet Hardwood Maintenance and Care
Our Prefinished Floors Provide Superior Wear and Stain Resistance. Even so, simple routine care and maintenance will help protect your floors and ensure years of hassle-free enjoyment and natural beauty. For unfinished flooring, follow specific care and maintenance instructions provided by the finish manufacturer.
- Sweep, vacuum, or dust mop regularly to prevent sand or abrasive dust build up that can scratch the floor’s finish.
- Blot up spills immediately with a damp cloth
- Periodically clean floors using a leading brand of cleaner made for prefinished hardwood floors (follow directions on bottle)
- Do not use ammonia or oil-based wax, polish, abrasive cleaners, or furniture cleaners.
- Place high-quality floors mats and area rugs near outside entrances to prevent dirt, sand and other unwanted substances from being tracked directly onto flooring.
- Support heavy furniture and appliances with wide-bearing glides or casters.
- Affix felt floor protectors on movable furniture, including chairs, tables, and sofas, that sit directly on hardwood flooring.
- Relative humidity should be maintained between 35% and 55% to minimize expansion and contraction of hardwood flooring.
- Avoid walking on floors with sharp, "stiletto" style high-heels shoes.