Congoleum LVP Maintenance and Care
Floor Care: Triversa Prime LVP
INITIAL RESIDENTIAL MAINTENANCE
• Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove loose dirt.
• If needed, after installation use lighter fluid applied with a clean
cloth to remove scuff marks and adhesive residue. Keep traffic
off treated area for 30 minutes.
CAUTION: Lighter fluid is a flammable solvent. Carefully read
and follow cautionary information on label.
CAUTION: Wash the floor with Bright ’N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner
or other suitable resilient floor cleaner. Wash the floor with Bright
’N Easy No-Rinse Cleaner or other suitable resilient floor cleaner.
• Make sure furniture legs have large surface, nonstaining floor
protectors. Replace small, narrow metal or dome-shaped glides
with smooth, flat glides, that are flat on the floor. Glides should
be equipped with self-adhesive felt pads to avoid scratching the
surface of the floor. The pads should be checked periodically for
grit and wear and replaced when necessary.
• Heavy furniture or appliances should be equipped with flat,
nonstaining composition furniture casters or cups of appropriate
size - available square from 1 1/2" to 2 5/8" and round from 1
3/8" to 1 5/8".
• Moveable appliances and furniture should be equipped with
easily swiveling casters. They should be at least 2" in diameter
with nonstaining hard rubber treads with a minimum 3/4" flat
surface width. Do not use ball-shaped casters.
• Place mats at outside entrances to prevent dirt, grit and soil
from being tracked onto your floor. Use 100% latex-backed mats
(labeled nonstaining), because some rubber-backed mats or
carpets may permanently discolor your floor.
• To help prevent staining from asphalt tracking, we recommend
the use of a latex-based driveway sealer.
• Draw drapes and blinds during peak periods of strong sunlight.
Flooring, like other home furnishing products, may discolor or
fade when over-exposed to the sun.
• Heat-producing appliances such as a refrigerator or range, or
hot air registers emitting a direct flow of heat in excess of 120° F,
even intermittently, can scorch, burn, discolor or fade your floor.
Cigarettes, matches and other very hot objects can also damage
• Avoid wearing stiletto or spiked heels on your floor. These types
of heels can indent or damage many types of floors.
DO NOT USE STEAM CLEANERS on Congoleum Floors, they
can permanently damage the floor.
• Sweep or vacuum regularly to remove dirt and grit that can
abrade, dull or scratch your floor. Do not use a vacuum with a
beater brush, because it may damage the floor’s surface.
• Wipe up spills promptly with a damp cloth or mop.
• For a more thorough cleaning, wash your floor with Bright ’N
Easy No-Rinse Cleaner or other suitable, non-detergent based
resilient floor cleaner.
CAUTION: Avoid one-step “mop and polish” products,
dishwashing liquids and oil-based cleaners. These may leave
a residue which can attract dirt and dull your floor’s finish.
Avoid cleaners that contain abrasives or solvents which may
permanently damage your floor.
• Remove excess water after washing the floor.
How to Treat Stains and Scuffs: