Chesapeake Luxury Vinyl Warranty Information
Please visit Chesapeake Flooring Luxury Vinyl to see full collection
EXCLUSIVE LIMITED WARRANTY
Chesapeake provides a one (1) year Limited Warranty that the Chesapeake Luxury Vinyl product is free of any manufacturing defects. If such products are found to be defective, Chesapeake will supply new Chesapeake LVT products of the same or similar style, size, color, grade and gauge for replacement of the defective area and will pay reasonable labor cost if it was professionally installed or will repair the defect. Non defective products that were damaged by improper installation would not constitute a valid claim under this Limited Warranty. Chesapeake reserves the right to inspect any claim and request photographs and/or samples prior to approving such claim.
PRE-INSTALLATION LIMITED WARRANTY
Chesapeake warrants that this product is free of visual defects. You and/or your installer should carefully inspect each piece before installation. Any pieces that appear to have defects should not be installed. Chesapeake will not be responsible for any claim for product installed with visual defects.
WEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Chesapeake Luxury Vinyl is protected with a wear layer. Chesapeake warrants that there will be no wear-through of the wear layer for the amount of years indicated for the specific product from normal traffic or maintenance. “Wear-through” refers to complete loss of the wear layer so that the printed design layer is changed or affected. The term of your specific product Wear Limited Warranty will appear within the specification of each product.
• This Limited Warranty only applies provided the recommended installation instructions and maintenance procedures are followed. For complete details see installation and maintenance documents.
• If product is found to be defective, Chesapeake will supply new Chesapeake LVT products of the same or similar style, size, color, grade and gauge for replacement of the defective area and will pay reasonable labor cost if it was professionally installed or will repair the defect.
• After corrective action is taken on an existing defect, you will continue to receive limited warranty coverage for the remaining period of your original limited warranty.
• Labor must be provided by a certified professional flooring installer, using the guidelines put forth by Chesapeake in the Installation and Maintenance instructions. The cost of replacement/ repair labor by a professional installer must be approved by the Chesapeake claims department and will be paid according to the following schedule:
o First Year at 100%, Second Year at 90% with an applicable percentage of 10% less each year, continuing until the 10th year. No labor will be paid after 10th year.
• Multifamily use of Wear Limited Warranty will be covered for units and common areas under the specific Commercial Warranty associated with the product.
30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee – Residential Single Family Home Use Only
Chesapeake Luxury Vinyl Tile can be replaced within 30 days of installation to the original purchaser of the product if a different style or color is desired. You must show proof of purchase and material must be installed to receive credit. Replacement must be a Chesapeake product of equal or lesser value. If an upgrade is desired, the difference in price is the responsibility of the purchaser. No credit will be given if a lesser priced product is chosen for replacement. This guarantee is a one-time only replacement. Freight and labor are not included. Replacement does not cover products that show signs of abuse or misuse, as defined below. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee applies to single family home use only.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
EXCLUSIONS TO LIMITED WARRANTY
• Dissatisfaction due to improper installation or maintenance. For additional information for proper installation and maintenance, please review the information on the product packaging.
• For products sold as “Do-It-Yourself” no labor costs will be provided as part of this warranty.
• Damages resulting from misuse or abuse including, but not limited to, scratches, cuts, burns, stains, indentation, improper or insufficient maintenance, use of steam cleaners, and lack of proper floor protector.
• Floor products sold as irregulars or second quality are sold “as is.”
• Damages or failure of floor to adhere to subfloor resulting from excessive moisture, alkali and/ or hydrostatic pressure.
• Color variations between samples or printed illustrations and the actual production runs.
• Discoloration due to use of rubber-backed mats, coco-fiber mats, solvent-based polishes or cleaners, or asphalt tracked in from driveways or parking lots.
• Reduction of gloss from use.
• Products sold through unauthorized internet dealers.
• Installation over plywood, gypcrete or other similar materials that have not been first sealed with a product expressly approved by Chesapeake in writing prior to installation.
• Residential or Commercial installation with heavy wheeled vehicle traffic that permanently indents or damages the flooring.
• This limited warranty is not valid for any product purchased in the United States which is installed outside the United States. ANY PRODUCTS PURCHASED IN THE UNITED STATES THAT ARE INSTALLED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES ARE SOLD WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Chesapeake reserves the right to final judgment regarding claim approval.
This limited warranty is made solely to the original purchaser of Chesapeake Luxury Vinyl Flooring products and is not transferable under any circumstances. Limited warranty period begins on date of purchase. This limited warranty is expressly in lieu of any other expressed warranty whether oral or written. No representative, employee, or agent of Chesapeake, or any other person, is authorized to assume for Chesapeake any additional liability or responsibility in connection with Chesapeake products. Consequently, agents, employees, distributors, and dealers of Chesapeake are not authorized to make modifications to this limited warranty, or additional warranties on behalf of Chesapeake. Accordingly, additional statements such as dealer advertising or presentations, whether oral or written, do not constitute warranties by Chesapeake and should not be relied upon. IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY ARE LIMITED TO A PERIOD OF ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM BREACH OF LIMITED WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITIATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Chesapeake reserves the right to modify or change this warranty