Mannington Sheet Vinyl Maintenance and Care
Luxury Vinyl Sheet Care and Maintenance
You can protect your Mannington Luxury Vinyl Sheet Floor by following these easy guidelines.
- Use a doormat outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil, asphalt, and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor. Use non-staining mats on your floor.
- To minimize potential staining from asphalt tracking, we suggest you use a latex-based driveway sealer.
- Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight causes most home furnishings, including resilient floors, to fade or discolor.
- Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least one inch in diameter, made of non-pigmented, hard plastic, and rest flat on the floor. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable. Casters with a minimum 3/4" flat surface width or floor protectors are recommended for all moveable furniture. Make sure any metal protectors are rust-proof. Replace your narrow dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones.
- If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances, such as your refrigerator, across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor. Always use runways even if you have an appliance dolly, or even if the heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers.
Luxury Vinyl Sheet Maintenance
Here are some simple things you can do to keep your Mannington Luxury Vinyl Sheet Floor looking like new.
Initial Maintenance (within 24 hours of installation)
- Keep traffic light during the first 24 hours so adhesive can dry properly (if adhesive was used)
- If the floor has been seamed, avoid stepping on the seam sealer for 24 hours so it can dry undisturbed
- Avoid scrubbing or washing floor for at least three days after installation. Spot clean floor avoiding all seams
- When moving heavy furniture or appliances across the floor, always use wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor
Routine Maintenance (daily/weekly as needed)
- Sweep your floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose dirt.
- Prevent stains by wiping spills promptly.
- Occasional mopping is recommended when dirt builds up and sweeping alone is not sufficient. Use a solution of clear, non-sudsy ammonia based cleaner in one gallon of warm water. Using more than the recommended amount of cleaning solution may leave a dulling film. Do not use soap or detergent products as they will leave a dulling film. Rinsing is not required, but if time permits, rinsing will provide the best care and highest shine.
- Luxury vinyl sheet floors have a low gloss. Use polish or "mop and shine" products only if you wish to make the floor shiny.
Caution: Resilient floors can be slippery when wet. Use extreme caution when walking on a wet floor.
Resilient Stain Solver
Mannington Resilient Floors offer excellent stain resistance, and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean cloth. Removing certain stains takes a little extra effort. Here are some guidelines before you begin:
- Start with the first procedure listed.
- Only do the procedures necessary to resolve the problem. Always use a clean white cloth for wiping up stains, and turn it frequently to avoid spreading the stain.
- Rinse with clean water and allow area to dry between procedures.
- For items not covered by the following chart, call Mannington Consumer Services at 1-800-FLOOR-US (1-800-356-6787).
Purchasing Mannington Floor Care Product
Mannington floor care products may be purchased from a local Mannington Dealer or from 1877FloorGuy.com.
Please direct all customer service inquries regarding purchase of our floor care products to 1877FloorGuy.com's customer service department.