Pergo Extreme LVP Maintenance and Care
Pergo Extreme Maintenance and Care
- Place mats inside any exterior doorway over your Pergo floor to collect sand, gravel, or dirt tracked in the home. You can also place area rugs in other spaces for extra coverage.
- Make sure your rugs have a solid backing, so soil doesn't sift through the rug to come in contact with the floor.
- Use floor protectors or felt covers on chair legs, sofas, TV stands, tables and other easily moveable furniture so you don't scratch the floors.
- Replace plastic casters on chairs with rubber wheels.
- Lift, don't slide, heavy objects across floors.
Stain Removal and Repair
- CANDLE WAX OR CHEWING GUM
Remove candle wax or chewing gum with a blunt plastic scraper after the material has hardened.
- FOOD OR LIQUID SPILLS
Remove stains as fast as possible. The longer spilled materials are left on the floor, the greater the risk of permanently staining. Persistent stains may be removed using vinyl cleaner. To remove chocolate, grease, juice, cordials or wine, use lukewarm water and a non-abrasive cleaner (like ammonia and water or vinegar and water) with a soft cloth or mop.
To remove glue, use an appropriate glue remover. After use, be sure to clean with standard cleaning products.
- TOUGH STAINS
To remove tough stains like tar, markers, crayon, lipstick, oil, shoe polish, nail polish or cigarette burns, use acetone nail polish remover or denatured alcohol on a clean cloth. Note: Do not use on coordinating wall base or quarter round.
- CLEAN THE FLOOR ROUTINELY
Clean the floor routinely to remove dirt and dust by sweeping, vacuuming or damp wiping. For a deeper cleaning, use a damp cotton cloth or cloth mop. Always remove grit, sharp objects, staining agents, moisture or aggressive substances from the floor. Use a vacuum or vacuum attachment with soft bristle brush regularly to remove any particles that could scratch the floor.
- MAKE PERGO-RECOMMENDED HOUSEHOLD CLEANER
You can make a Pergo-recommended household cleaner with 1 cup household vinegar to 1 gallon of warm water or 1/3 cup of ammonia mixed with 1 gallon warm water. This cleaner will cleanse gently, removing dirt but keeping your floor beautiful.
- PLEASE NOTE: Never use aggressive cleaning agents, soap or abrasive cleaners or cleaners containing oil or waxes.