Shaw Pet Perfect Residential Carpet Warranty Information
PET PERFECT™ 20 YEAR LIMITED RESIDENTIAL BROADLOOM CARPET WARRANTY
Please visit Shaw Pet Perfect to see full collection
The following details the Residential Limited Warranty issued by Shaw Industries, Inc. (“Shaw”) for all residential carpets. This warranty applies to purchases of Pet Perfect™ residential carpet made on or after August 1, 2021.
WHO IS COVERED?
This warranty protects you, the original purchaser if you have purchased Pet Perfect™ carpet for your own residential use in an owner-occupied residence. This warranty is transferable only if both parties can supply proof of purchase.
WHAT THIS RESIDENTIAL LIMITED WARRANTY COVERS?
Subject to the conditions and exclusions below, the following outlines the warranty coverage of your Residential Limited Warranty. This non-prorated warranty includes reasonable labor and material for installation, including stairs, for 20 years after the date of purchase. If a defect covered under this limited warranty should occur, see below under "What SHAW Will Do"
- 20 years Quality Assurance - Will be free of material or workmanship defects.
- Limited Lifetime Staining - Will remain stain resistant to most household food and beverage.
- Limited Lifetime All Pet Stains - Resist staining caused by pet urine, feces, and vomit.
- Limited Lifetime Soiling - Surface pile of the carpet will resist soiling by common household soil.
- 20 years Bleach and Fade Resist Technology - Your residential carpet will remain fade and stain resistant from pet stains, grease, mustard, coffee, lipstick, cola and even bleach.
- 20 years Texture Retention - Not exhibit significant twist loss or loss of texture from normal foot traffic.
- 20 years Delamination, Tuft bind, & Edge Ravel - Remain free of delamination, tuft bind failure, and edge ravel issues.
- 10 Year Zipper Warranty: Loop Carpets are guaranteed not to “zipper” for up to 10 years. Seams and edges must be properly sealed based on our installation guidelines.
- 20 years Abrasion - Carpet will lose no more than 10% of the pile face fiber, by weight.
- 20 year SoftBac carpet backing - If your carpet has this premium SoftBac backing system your carpet will remain free of wrinkles after installation .
Pet Perfect™ 30-DAY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Under this guarantee, Pet Perfect™ warrants that we will replace your carpet covered by this Limited Warranty within thirty (30) days of the date of installation if you are not completely satisfied. The replacement will be of a Pet Perfect™ carpet of comparable value but must be of a different style or color. If you request a carpet of greater value, you may pay the difference in price; however, there will be no monetary payment by Pet Perfect™ if you choose a carpet of lesser value. All charges involved in replacing your carpet, including labor, will be your responsibility.
Your Pet Perfect™ carpet must not have been improperly installed, abused, or damaged. Installation must be in an owner-occupied residence; commercial use is excluded. Claims must be personally inspected by a Pet Perfect™ dealer. Prior to replacement, a claim report must be completed and submitted to Pet Perfect™ . Claims under this guarantee will not be considered for carpet sold as second quality, irregular, used, or mill end. Replacement under the 30-Day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee is limited to one replacement per original carpet purchase.
WHAT CONDITIONS APPLY?
- Installation must be in an owner-occupied residence; commercial use is excluded.
- Carpet must be correctly installed in a proper indoor installation following the Carpet & Rug Institute Residential Installation Standard CRI-105, using a suitable pad that meets FHA/HUD requirements. (Note: Pet Perfect™ recommends a pad with a maximum thickness of 1/2" for optimum performance.) Consult your retailer for details.
- Pet Perfect™ will not provide credit for labor charges for appearance-related manufacturing defects that should have been detected before or during installation, such as missing tufts, dye spots, tears, loose backing, etc.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED ?
- Damage from flooding or excessive moisture from existing moisture.
- Burns, cuts, matting, pulls, odor, soiling, staining, tears or damage due to improper installation.
- Crushing caused by furniture, including impressions left by legs of furniture, is not covered by this warranty.
- The texture of any carpet will change to some degree in heavy traffic areas. Such conditions constitute normal wear and tear and are not covered by this warranty, which is intended to protect you from excessive appearance change.
- Carpet which has been treated after installation with any silicone-based anti-soil treatments.
- Carpet in any non-residential use.
- Carpet installed on stairs without an approved pad.
- Minor and normal texture, feel or color differences between sample and actual carpet.
- Stains from substances such caustic or acidic chemicals, insecticides, paints, shoe polish, lipstick, plant food, iodine, very strong dyes, oil-based substances, acne medications, and non-pet feces, urine, and vomit.
- Carpet subjected to abnormal abuse or abusive conditions and damage due to the application of improper cleaning agents. Failure to follow recommended carpet care and cleaning instructions described in Shaw’s Care and Maintenance brochure may result in damage to your carpet that will not be covered by your warranty. The cleaning of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery.
PLEASE NOTE: NO CARPET IS ABSOLUTELY STAIN PROOF. While your Pet Perfect™ carpet is inherently stain-resistant, some staining may still occur, especially over time and in high-traffic areas. These carpets will enhance your ability to clean up stains, not prevent stains. Depending on the type of substance causing the stain, removal may require repeated cleanings, and some stains may not be removable. The more time that elapses before removal, the more difficult a stain will be to remove. Shaw may, at its sole option, elect to have the affected area of the carpet cleaned professionally.
WHAT IF YOU NEED WARRANTY SERVICE? The Shaw Consumer Concierge Team provides information about the proper installation and maintenance of your Pet Perfect™ carpet. If you have other questions, please feel free to email AskShaw@shawinc.com or call 844-742-7429. Ask your Shaw retailer for any other warranty statement that may apply to your Pet Perfect™ carpet when you make your purchase.
If you think that there is a defect in your carpet that is covered by this warranty, you must notify the Shaw retailer who sold you the carpet. Your retailer will be able to file a claim with Shaw for you. If you are unable to contact your retailer, do not receive satisfaction, or need more information regarding proper installation or this warranty, please contact Shaw at: Shaw Industries, Attn: Financial Services, P.O. Box 2128, Mail Drop 026-01, Dalton, GA 30722-2128. Be sure to include a full description of the problem, photos if available, and proof of purchase showing the price paid for the carpet excluding pad and labor.
WHAT SHAW WILL DO: Should a defect covered under this warranty above be found, the affected area will be repaired to conform to the warranty. If Shaw determines repair is not commercially practical, Shaw may, at its sole option, replace the affected product or refund the proportional purchase price for the affected area. Shaw will pay the reasonable costs for freight and for labor if within 20 years of the date of purchase where applicable. Any costs incurred for the moving furnishings that were installed over the carpet, will be at your sole expense. Any moisture-related testing (i.e. Calcium Chloride, % Relative Humidity, and pH) is not the responsibility of Shaw and all issues related to moisture, including any product-related issues, are excluded from this warranty.
IMPLIED WARRANTIES: NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, EXTEND BEYOND THE TERM OF THIS WRITTEN Pet Perfect™ WARRANTY By implied warranties, we mean ones that the law presumes to have been given by the seller even though they aren’t set out in writing.
PLEASE NOTE: Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
YOU HAVE LEGAL RIGHTS UNDER THIS WARRANTY. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. Except for these rights, the remedies provided under this warranty states the limit of Pet Perfect™ .